TR6 body panels - comparison between Europe and the US...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 body panels - comparison between Europe and the US...
From: Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 1996 23:08:04 -0600
I am probably in a unique situation now by moving from the States to
Denmark, and bringing my TR6 with me (how *#$&@*#$&@ foolish can one be?
;-)!!) - and hence have the opportunity to shop around for body parts
between VB/TRF/Moss and Moss Europe (among others).  Somebody on the list
told me to buy body parts here before I left for Europe - but with my latest
price quote from Moss Europe, I have found that not to be the smartest
thing. Take just the Front wing LH for the TR6 (what we here in the US call
a front fender LH) - the price from Moss Europe is 118 pounds, and TRF has
it for equivalent of 147 pounds - almost 25% more (VB has it for equivalent
of 170 pounds - only 44% more that Moss Europe). The other parts are
somewhat similar...so if you ever find yourself traveling with a container
from England to the US - and you have extra space - save a few $$$'s by
bringing some stuff with you. BUT if you are talking used body parts, just
the sheer numbers of US TR6's compared with the few left in Europe, it seems
to make sense to shop around for used stuff here ;-)

Cheers,

Michael

GT6 Mk. 2 1969 (Red w/1972 GT6 engine - and black targa-top) - SOLD
GT6 Mk. 3 1971 (White - w/TR250 engine) - FOR SALE
- check this out: http://wwwvms.utexas.edu/~ngaard/GT6MAIN.html for details
TR6 1974 - undefined red color - and my latest project