Re: Spitfire Dashboard Question

To: "Joseph L. Van Meter" <joseph@dgs.dgsys.com>
Subject: Re: Spitfire Dashboard Question
From: steve_sides@gilbarco.com (Steve Sides)
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 08:10:31 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
     Joseph,

     You wrote :

     My 78 Spitfire dashpad was covered by the DPO with one of those vinyl
     dash overlays that glue over the original dash.  Now that too is
     cracked from the sun, leaving an equally unsightly dash.  Has anyone a
     suggestion for the best way to go, now that I want to make the thing
     look "good as new" again ?
     [snip]

        I tried unsuccessfully to find a new (or reproduction) dash pad for
     my '70 Spit.  I was unable to find any source and wound up putting an
     overlay on my old one.  Mine is installed with large amounts of RTV so
     you should be able to carefully cut your old one off and install
     another overlay.  Hope that helps.  If I had a choice, I would have
     gone for a new dash instead of an overlay.

     Steve Sides
     Greensboro, NC
     '70 Spit
     TR250 CD 1622 L