Re: VB

To: "DDilucchio@aol.com" <DDilucchio@aol.com> (Return requested)
Subject: Re: VB
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com>
Date: 03 Dec 1996 10:03:05 -0800
Alternate-recipient: Allowed
Cc: "Triumph Group" <triumphs@autox.team.net> (Return requested)
Conversion: Allowed
Disclose-recipients: Prohibited
X400-content-type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
X400-mts-identifier: [/c=us/admd=attmail/prmd=transam/; 0363C32A46B59033-mtamailhub]
X400-originator: Ross.Vincenti@transamerica.com
X400-recipients: non-disclosure; <0363C32A46B59033*/c=US/admd=ATTmail/prmd=Transam/o=tfs/s=Vincenti/g=Ross/@MHS>
On Tues, Dan DiLucchio wrote:

[snip]Ross: I noticed that you mentioned ordering parts from VB. I am new to
the
list, having just purchased a '66 Spitfire. Could you give me more details,
who is VB and where do I get a hold of them? Thanks, Dan DiLucchio[snip]
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dan - VB is short for Victoria British, a supplier of parts for
Triumphs,MGBs, Sunbeams, etc.  They are located in Kansas.  Call (800)
255-0088 for a free catalog.  Other good sources include The Roadster
Factory (in Armagh, PA), John Kipping Spares in the UK, Rimmer Bros. Spares
(also in the UK), British Cars Northwest somewhere in Oregon(??), Moss
Motors (except they don't support the early Spits), Sports Car Specialties,
etc.

There are others on this list who can give you all of the addresses, phone
numbers, etc.  I've personally ordered from Kipping, Rimmer, TRF and VB.
 Kipping and Rimmer are great so long as you spend more than $1,000 in which
case the shipping across the pond is free.  TRF is good, and I've actually
gotten good service and quality from VB (although there was a long thread
here for a while concerning the quality of various suppliers and VB
consistently received the worst comments - so proceed with caution).
 There's also a list of all the suppliers on the monster web site - and
again, I'm sorry to state I do not have the web site address (but others
do).

Tell us more about your Spitfire when you get a chance.  Also, if you need
some spares, I have a few odds and ends left over from my restoration of my
64 Spit.  Cheers.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4 (ALMOST DONE!!!!)
64 Porsche 356C Coupe (driveable but next project)