Stromberg 175 - what 'version' is the 'best'?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Stromberg 175 - what 'version' is the 'best'?
From: Michael Noerregaard <ngaard@utxvms.cc.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 1996 21:36:17 -0600
I have ordered the triple stromberg manifold from Richard Good, and it
should get here early next week - and will be checking out carbs this
weekend to get one more for my TR6. The two carbs on the car has CD-2 casted
in the top cover - and the car is an early 1974 TR6 - and I have a few
questions that I seek the experience of the list to help me with (please)

1) Does the current setup match 'CD-2' in a '74 TR6 (the TRF catalogue
refers to the proper carbs as 175CD-SEVX - and I just checked with the MOSS
catalogue, and my carbs do have that lever float chamber vent valve (#50 on
page 16), that should identify them as '74 and up)?

2) Are the 'CD-2' comparable to the CD (In my Haynes manual about the Zenith
Stromberg CD Carbs, there is no reference to 'CD-2'...but there is to CD,
CD-2S, CDSE, etc.)?

3) Do these carbs have adjustable needlese?

4) If I were to find three new carbs for the new manifold (so I could just
swap the whole thing) - which 'version' of the Stromberg is then the 'best'?
I have plugged all my emission stuff - and wont need it to get it registered
in Denmark - but I suspect it comes down to that, as well as adjustable
needles or not)

Any help is, as always :-), greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Michael

GT6 Mk. 2 1969 (Red w/1972 GT6 engine - and black targa-top) - SOLD
GT6 Mk. 3 1971 (White - w/TR250 engine) - FOR SALE
- check this out: http://wwwvms.utexas.edu/~ngaard/GT6MAIN.html for details
TR6 1974 - undefined red color - and my latest project