Re: OH NO!! Not a towbar!!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: OH NO!! Not a towbar!!
From: "Jonathan Miles" <MILESJE@novell2.bham.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 1996 15:26:49

> I'm curious! Has anyone out there in LBC-land had a tow-bar made for their
> "darlings?"
>
> Note: I am trying to be ~practical~ here, not a "non-faithful" sort...
>
> I do have AAA-Plus, but do not want to abuse it. We will be driving a car
> that has not been on the road  for 2-1/2 years. (We got it going the "right
> way" -- trust me on that one!)
>
> Is there a universal towbar available for Triumph/MGA/MGB/etc. on the
> market? Where would I go about getting information on this subject.
>
> I have a ~custom~ towbar for my '69 VW Beetle and it has come in handy on
> more than one occasion.
>
> I'm thinking it might be practical to have one for the MGA, but don't have a
> clue as to the best way to tow one. Would it be from the bumper?  (The VW
> tow bar latches to the front axle, which is much less complicated than LBC
> front ends, as far as I have seen.
>
> If any of you all had one made, can you tell me the specs?
>
> Please....I'm looking for info, here, and am not implying *anything* about
> MGs or any other LBC!! (Secret confession: I've spotted a D**s*n 240Z  and
> am considering obtaining until I find MY MG, and want a towbar to work on it
> as well.
>
> Any ideas??
>
> Thanks.........Carol (practical as ever, and wanting to keep AAA happy, too!)
>
> To send a reply: E-Mail the lists, or me direct at car@texas.net
>
> Thanks, again!
>
> Carol

I know that you can get a tow bar over here(UK) for a spitfire. The
Triumph Sports Six Club sell them as do a company called Witter which
make after market tow bars for just about any car you care to mention.

This probably doesn't help you though,

Jonathan

Spitfire 1500

*************************************