Tow Bar for LBC's

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tow Bar for LBC's
From: "K.R. Stewart" <kstewart@icis.on.ca>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 1996 07:53:59 -0500
Cc: <car@texas.net>
Carol

Back in the 70's, I got tired of paying a tow truck driver to
deliver my 62 TR4A home again so I had a custom made towbar made
to attach to my van so that I could do it myself.

I welded flat stock to the front of the frame to extend it
forward enough to clear the body work. The flat stock and the
tow bar were drilled to accept a piece of round steel through
the four holes. The round steel could also be replaced by bolts
(double nuts and security wire).

I can measure and send you a drawing if you really are
interested.

Since then, I have acquired a universal tow bar from a local
auto parts store (Princess Auto-only in Canada I believe) and I
am sure other stores likely carry something similar. Basically
you need something on the car to which you bolt two large clevis
like devices (usually by removing the bumper). The arms pivot to
allow for different spacing widths at the front of the vehicle
being towed. Cost of this unit was 100-150 $Cdn.

Hope this helps.
    _       _
   | \     / |        Keith R. Stewart
   |  \   /  |        75 Camden Road