Catastrophic Perverter

To: Spit74@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Catastrophic Perverter
From: SCHWANGAU@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 00:01:05 -0500
Header--  I had a Spit manifold welded.  Sort of worked.  For a while.  What
makes the late model cast ones crack is the excessive heat from the
catastrophic perverter (catalytic converter) when the engine is runnning even
the slightest bit too rich.  I paid $70 to have it welded.  I later replaced
it with an after market one.  Did not fit well, but we modified it to do the
job.  I have since found a perfect spare for $xxx.   I actually now have two
good spares.  Any one need a late Spit cast manifold?

Intake manifold:  Bead plast or wire brush.  Coat bare metal with Kylon clear
finish.  Keeps it shiny.  Just try to keep the carb cleaner off of it.

Best of luck

Brian

79 Spit
65 Spit