RE: TR6 Oil Filter Shell Removal!

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 Oil Filter Shell Removal!
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 14:18:42 -0700
Encoding: 40 TEXT
What I do with mine (76) is:
- Remove the temperature sending unit from the block (I think that's what the
thing is, can't remeber and I don't have any manuals handy). It's the spark
plug like thing in the block sort of above the oil filter. It has two wires
connected to it. I remove it with gentle applicaiton of pliers.
- Bend the steering column just enough so that the shell can squeeze through.

The sehll comes out via the top of the engine bay. Works everytime and no mess
from oil spilling out of the shell if you drain the shell first before
attempting the "squeeze" manouver.

Peter Zaborski, Calgary AB Canada
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
peterz@merak.com