Re: Cleaning up aluminum parts

To: dpruzan@nearinc.com
Subject: Re: Cleaning up aluminum parts
From: andertonm@juno.com (Mark R. Anderton)
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 1996 21:55:25 EST
Cc: SCHWANGAU@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Mon, 09 Dec 1996 09:35:05 -0500 Daniel Pruzan <dpruzan@nearinc.com>
writes:
>SCHWANGAU@aol.com wrote:
>> snip
>> Intake manifold:  Bead plast or wire brush.  Coat bare metal with
>Kylon clear
>> finish.  Keeps it shiny.  Just try to keep the carb cleaner off of
>it.
>>
>> Best of luck
>>
>> Brian
>>
>> 79 Spit
>> 65 Spit
>

>Brian and Others,
>
>I have also had very good luck with bead blasting aluminum pieces and
>painting them.  I would recommend using clear engine enamel.  I can't
>remember the manufacturer off hand, but if anyone is interested I can
>get
>it.  This paint seems to go on very easily and is quite durable.
>
>Dan Pruzan
>71 Stag
>Santa Clara, CA

Eastwood sells a product called Nyalic in brush on or spray cans that
seems to work pretty well.

Mark Anderton

1972 Triumph TR6 (daily driver)
1984 Jaguar XJ6 (2 ea - some people never learn)
1966 Morris Minor (everything a car should be)
1971 Land Rover
1967 Daimler V8 Saloon
1958 Velocette MSS (500cc single)