recently acquired spitfire

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: recently acquired spitfire
From: Kevin Klotz <klotz@winnie.fit.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 10:03:29 -0500 (EST)
Hello everyone, I am new to this list as of today and I have just recently
purchased a 79 Spit.  However, it was made in July 78 and has the chrome
bumbers still instead of the all black style.  I am in the beginning of
the restpration process now.  It runs perfectly and is really not in bad
condition, but the plan is to make it excellent.  So, here is my question,
does anyone have a trunk lid and/or rear valance for that car?  I also
need a new soft top which I plan to purchase from Special Interest Car
Parts, does anyone have any experience with them or any general
suggestions?  Any help would be greatly appreciated, I also have a few
small parts extra if anyone needs them, such as tailight assemblies,
gauges (Jaeger style), a set of the small black hubcaps that the lug nots
go over and that say triumph in the center, 2 headlight panels,a
windshield and other assorted little stuff.  I am currently using the car
almost as a daily driver becasue I enjoy it so much and Florida is just
conduscive to top dowm driving:)  Happy Motoring.

Thanks,
Kevin Klotz
79 Spit