Triumph fan moving to DC and looking for house

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Triumph fan moving to DC and looking for house
From: mbarre@juno.com (Matt Barre)
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 13:28:21 PST
Dear LBC friends,  I will be relocating to the Washington DC area this
Summer so I thought I would see if area listers had any leads on homes
to rent with extra parking or a shop.  I am trying no to get too far
away from the city as I will be working in town and am allergic to
excessive commuting.  I realize this is early and anything on the market
now hopefully won't be empty till the summer.  I guess this will only
serve to give a heads up unless someone knows they will be moving this
summer too....Or if you know of a particularly offensive neighbor with a
nice house this might be the perfect time to start harassing them till
they move and replace them with an lbc fan. just kidding  ;)   I will
probably post this again in the spring.

Either VA, MD, or the district would be OK.  I will be looking for a
three year lease.

Alternatively does anyone know of a club or shop with available space for
rent?  I am trying to avoid just stuffing cars into Ustore Its.

I like to think I make a good "car guy" neighbor as I have a great tool
assortment incl an engine crane & welder plus a separate refrigerator &
TV for the garage!!!

My wife is concerned about things such as sidewalks and schools but first
things must come first.

I saw a place in Maryland in Hemmings a few months ago -- sounded great,
4+ car garage and separate shop but it was for sale only (plus a little
early for me).  While in the area a year ago I was scouting around and
when I went to turn around in a neighborhood off the GWP pulled into the
drive of a house and what do I see!  An E-type, two TR's, and an MG.  I
will definitely be looking around there when the actual time comes!

Matt Barre           Mobile, AL
71 TR6
60 TR3A (under construction) - current project
80 Spitfire (in boxes) - next project
80 Spitfire (Weber, O/D, hardtop) - FOR SALE
78 280Z  -  my first car - FOR SALE
85 Ramcharger - tow vehicle for Wells Cargo
91 Taurus wagon - the family car, wife wants to trade in on a Suburban
84 Honda 700 Interceptor - MSF instructor