Re: TR7/Saab heads?<19961211144639982.AAA219@instant.nene.ac.uk>

To: Bschwartz@encad.com
Subject: Re: TR7/Saab heads?<19961211144639982.AAA219@instant.nene.ac.uk>
From: Richard Jackson <RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 1996 09:43:42 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>There has been some recent disscussion on the 'other" list about various
>british design influences on other makes.  One thread was about Saab's
>purchase of the rights to build Triumphs slant 4 found in TR7's.  Talking to
>a friend here at work who owns a Saab (no flames please ) and he says that
>the later 900's or at least some of them had 4 valve heads.  Hummmm . .
>.Triumph slant 4. . . Sabb slant 4. . . Hummmmm got me thinking ( a
>dangerous thing )  Has anyone ever tried to match up a pair of head gaskets
>to see if they match.  Could be a potent combo if it fits.  Imagine, a TR7
>with a 4 valve head.  Can you tell I've been cooped up too long.  It's been
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^

What, like the 70 factory TR7 Sprints fitted with Dolomite Sprint 16 valve
heads.....Sorry Barry, not a new idea...:-) :-)  Alhough I don't think they
ever fitted a Turbo!!! :-)

Did Saab use their own 16v head, or the Triumph single cam 16v head???

>raining for four days and I havent been able to drive any of my lbc's.  Must
>be going through withdrawal's.  ( I can just here all the sympathy pouring
>out right now! ) :-) OH please, my medication is forthcomming, now if I can
>just release these damn arm restraints -

Them damn white jackets with the long arms that wrap ALL the way around the
back are a pain in the ass/arse (US/UK versions included).  :-)

Cheerio

Rich