Re: HS6 carbs for TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: HS6 carbs for TR6
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 96 08:43:01 PST
Martin Gonzales wrote:
        >Another query about using HS6 carbs on a 73 TR6:
        >
        >Why are HS6s better than Strombergs?
        >
        >Are the HS6s better for smogging the car  (I live in California) the
car?
        >At the present, I have a very difficult time with smogging the car.
        >
        >How much are they?
        >
        >thanks, Martin Gonzales,  1973 TR6, CF2199U

Martin,
        From recent discussions on the list, it *appears* to me that
HS6s are a better carb than the Strombergs which were designed to
satisfy then Federal Regulation.

        I note that HS6s on a TR6 will fail visual inspection at
smog time in California, Colorado and I think New Jersey.  Perhaps
some other states as well.  If you fail visual inspection, do not
pass GO, do not collect $200.....

        Your TR6 must have Strombergs (no EGR required on a '73)
and other sundry vacuume lines to pass the visual inspection.

        Shane Ingate in SD.