Re:

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:
From: Stuart Bollen <stuartb@voicenet.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 19:00:02 -0500 (EST)
At 06:36 AM 12/13/96 -0800, you wrote:
>Gene writes-
>
>>am curious what people with older TR's are doing now that the petrol
>>is unleaded.  Are there replacement valve seats which need to be put in?
>> Lead substitutes-any good brands or sources (local stores seem to be
>>phasing out a lot of the brands).  Anyone running a stock engine with no
>>problems on the unleaded stuff?  I am in Calif. & we might have other
>>additives that might cause problems. Any input will be appreciat
>< snip >

I have a good friend at DuPont who did lab work on unleaded gas, and they
found about 10% greater valve wear in regular driving only. I think peopl;e
arre making a lot of money out of this scam. This same guy told me DuPont
invented the CC years ago but abandoned it because of the dangerous amounts
of ozone they produce!!!
Stu Bollen (ex chemist, shade tree mechanic wannabe),