Re: oil filters....

To: Steve Sutton <ssutton@ridgecrest.ca.us>
Subject: Re: oil filters....
From: pwatson@ix.netcom.com (Pete Watson)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 06:34:40 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Steve,
     I'm not familiar with the design of the oil filter on the TR-6,
but it sounds like the real solution is a remote filter, not just a
spin-on.  That way, you can mount the filter where it's easily
accessible and base-down, so it doesn't empty while you're unscrewing
it.  An added advantage is that you can pre-fill the new filter before
installing it, which eliminates running the engine with no oil flow
while the new filter fills up.
     J C Whitney sell a remote adapter kit for under $40, which I have
been using on my Chevy for a couple of years now.  It's a Purolator
kit, so the quality should be ok.  It has an adapter which has a couple
of different bases to mount up to most spin-on mounts, so you may need
to get a spin-on adapter as well, if the original mounting surface is
peculiar.  It uses the standard Fram PH-8 filter or similar.

     Pete