Re: Iowa-Oregon convoy "97"!

To: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>
Subject: Re: Iowa-Oregon convoy "97"!
From: Scott McGibney <aa372@sfn.saskatoon.sk.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 09:53:08 -0600 (CST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Desolate??! nah ... you just gotta like big sky. Don't know if there are
any Dakotans or Montanans on the list outspoken enough to defend their
states, but as a furriner, I'd be happy to comment. There are some great
drives in all three states, especially if you go "off route" a bit. If
you stay a bit to the south , on highway 212  instead of 12, it will take
you to the Black Hills - head south through them on the most backroads
route you can find (I'm assuming you like twisties), then back through
Wyoming on 16 over to Yellowstone and north on any number of routes to
rejoin 12. Good luck.

>From the siberian steppes of Saskatchewan
Scott

(who has worked in the high arctic and knows desolate)