TR4/4A part needed

To: "'Triumphs List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4/4A part needed
From: Dave Herr <dherr@innernet.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 22:57:42 -0500
Fellow Scions,

I am getting ready to send the TR4 to the paint shop and am in the process of
rounding up the remaining odd pieces to compete the car (after 7 long years). I
need the gas pedal assy, complete with the rod that runs in front of the
bulkhead, that has the ball joint that connects to the carb linkage. This piece
is supposed to disassemble by removing the pins so the pedal, rod and joining
sleeves can be removed from the bulkhead bushings.

Mine was destroyed in a fit of rage several years ago when doing body work and
the pins refused to come out. In a brief moment of utter stupidity, I hacksawed
thru the rod and figured I could just order another from TRF, Moss, etc...  As
usual, when ever you assume that the part is readily available, it turns out to
be one of the few parts that probably could not even be ordered from the
dealers 30 years ago.

Does anyone have a parts car and is willing to drill out the pins and sell me
the assembly??? I need the pedal piece, the rod that runs in the nylon bearings
in front of the firewall and the sleeves that join each piece. I will pay what
ever is fair for your time and effort.

Thanks.......

Dave Herr
73 Stag
65 TR4A (needing just a few remaining pieces)