Re: Your TR6 (or: 74's in Calif)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Your TR6 (or: 74's in Calif)
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 96 11:36:14 PST
All,
        We did have a thread on 74 & 74 1/2 TR6's last year.
My '74 TR6 was purchased in Santa Barbara, California, with
comm # CF25186UO, Aug 1974 build date, indicators above
the bumper, 5mph black plastic bumper overriders,
single-sided ignition key, no air pump, more vacuum lines
than any other Triumph in creation, EGR, etc, etc.
        I've carefully noted the number plates of all
TR6's later than 1974 that are registered in California,
but I've never seen one with an original plate.  This indicates
to me that in my limited survey, I've not seen any original
Californian post-1974 1/2 cars.
        Shane Ingate in San Diego