brake calipers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: brake calipers
From: Mike Mason <mmason@lindenwood.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 1996 11:08:40 -0600 (CST)
I am in the process of rebuilding the brakes on the TR6 I bought this
summer.  The pistons and calipers look to be in good enough shape to
rebuild, but there is a lot of rust on the outer edges of the bores.  I
seem to remember reading some place that one should NOT separate the two
halves of the calipers under any conditions.  I think, though, that this
had to do with the MGB.

It would be a lot easier to clean up the bores if the two halves were
apart, since neither my fingers nor the wire brush fit well into those
right angle holes.  Does anyone know any reason why I should not separate
the two halves of the calipers in order to clean and prepare them?

Just once I would like to know the answer BEFORE I screw something up. :-)

Peace, and may Santa remember that you have an LBC and take PITY!!

Michael In St. Louis
        73 life-size, do-it-yourself, 3D puzzle of a TR6