Re: Mr. Triumph Answer Person 6 cyl ques.

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mr. Triumph Answer Person 6 cyl ques.
From: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 1996 14:59:26 -0500
changed to double-row early in TR-5 / 250 production, Odd Hedberg replied:

 >Tom/Andy,
 >in the factory spare parts manual (part no 516915) for the TR5 they =
 >have a mentioning of a change in the camshaft drive mechanism. But =
 >they have only written:
 >"Fitted up to Engine No.           only"  and then
 >"Fitted from Engine No.           and future" ,
 >so my opinion is that this is one of those eternal questions that =
 >we're unable to answer, like what was first: The hen or the egg???
 >
 >Yours
 >Odd

Well, thank you, I guess knowing that there is no more info available is
an important bit of information in itself.

Hey !   We can sic Nick in Nor Cal on it, with his on-going 6-cyl survey !

Gee, it sure is easy to volunteer someone else to do this !!

(Sorry Nick, I won't send you anything 'til you ask for it !!)
That's a hint, TR-5 & 250 owners, wait for Nick to say something first,
but it may fit into his survey.

Best regards,
Tom Tweed
SW Ohio