Herald questions/Hollander&Mitchell interchange manuals

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Herald questions/Hollander&Mitchell interchange manuals
From: VATAINC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 1996 14:48:38 -0500
Can anyone help in determining what year my Herald parts catalog is? It is
labeled "Herald 1200 Saloon & Coupe  Spare Parts Catalogue" . The inside
first page has the following - "Part No. 510597/U.S.A."  , "Herald 1200
Saloon, GA1DL and future" ,
" Herald 1200 Coupe, GA1CP and future". In the back of the catalog there are
22 orange pages with the heading "Accumlative  Ameendment No. 8"  dated
October 1965 and an additional 6 pink pages with the heading "Amendment No.
8" dated  October 1965.

Secondly, the area under the battery and the master cylinder assembly on my
Herald 1200 is badly rusted. Is anyone area of replacements panels for these
two areas? The parts manual shows the entire piece to be a "Panel, dash
shelf, assembly L.H.S. # 804422 "but, I would think it would be much easier
to just replace the two areas mentioned. I would like to keep the car
original,  otherwise I could just
patch in a flat piece of metal.

Finally, has anyone had any experience with the Hollander or Mitchell forgien
interchange manuals as they relate to Triumphs? Are they helpful? I am just
starting a restoration of a 65 Herald 1200 and wonder if I should invest in
one ($35 each). Thanks for any advice .

Tom Call Portland, Or
65 Herald