more power for the spit

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: more power for the spit
From: "Johnny Storm:- International Racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 12:31:48 +0000 (GMT)

A couple of days ago I said you could improve power on the spit 1300 by
installing a 1500 head which was duly responded to and proved wrong.

I went back to the publication where i read the tip and I see that I
forgot to add that the head should be skimmed! Once skimmmed and co
returned to normal the largerinlet valves (I think) should increase
power. This was read in Jon Wolfes 'A guide to racing your triumph
spitfire' so it might only work in conjunction with other race mods,
sorry! This book is available from the recently mentioned 'triumph
bookshop' and is a good read, although I don't intend to race my Spit.

Johnny Storm

'77 Sptifire