Re: TRF backorders

To: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>
Subject: Re: TRF backorders
From: Tom Di Iulio <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 1997 08:17:42 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Gary Nafziger wrote:

> I have been somewhat upset at TRF on occasion also due to backorders.  It
> seems often I could get the same parts from other sources quickly because
> they had plenty in stock.  I am currently waiting on TR6 shock links.  Seems
> to me plenty of these should always be in stock. I was told it would be 4-5
> weeks.  Maybe too much money and time is spent traveling to England and
> building the pub, in Indiana, Pa?
>
> But TRF has done a good job in the past and I hate to criticize a fellow
> group of LBC enthusiasts.  Even so it is frustrating.  It is comforting to
> know that others are experiencing the same thing as I thought maybe I was
> the only one.
>                 Gary, Frances Nafziger
>                 Wellman, Iowa

     I'VE BEEN WATCHING THIS THREAD GROW OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS
AND AM CONCERNED ABOUT SOME OF THE COMMENTS MADE CONCERNING TRF'S
FINANCIAL HEALTH. WHILE WE HAVE THE FREEDOM TO MAKE SUCH COMMENTS, WE
MUST UNDERSTAND THAT RESPONSIBILITY GOES WITH THE FREEDOM. TRF HAS RUN A
SALE, THAT HAS TRIGGERED MORE ORDERS AND RESULTED IN MORE BACKORDERS.
THE GOOD NEWS IS SOME THINGS ARE CHEAPER, THE BAD NEWS IS YOU MAY HAVE
TO WAIT LONGER. BUT HAVEN'T WE ALWAYS RECEIVED GOOD SERVICE IN THE PAST?
SPECULATION ABOUT A COMPANY'S SOLVENCY CAN BEGIN THE VERY THING THEY ARE
BEING ACCUSED OF.
     THIS MAILING LIST IS A GREAT PLACE TO AIR OUT COMMENTS AND
CONCERNS, AS WELL AS GET GREAT ADVICE. I'M NOT TRYING TO MUZZLE ANYONE,
IT'S JUST THAT THIS LATEST TOPIC SEEMS LIKE IT'S GOING TO END WITH
SOMEONE SAYING "GET A ROPE!".

TOM 76 TR6
(no, i'm not affiliated with trf)