Re: TRF Winter Parts Sale

To: EPaul21988@aol.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TRF Winter Parts Sale
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 13:03:57 -0500 (EST)
Don't panic!,but very good points you've made,but my philosophy is to restore
your Triumph,preferably whilst running other(s),then swap them
around,ie:restore one of the others etc.,I know many Triumph owners who adopt
that approach,although it must not get out of hand,I reckon 2 or 3 cars each
is more than enough to manage financially,(unless it's your livelihood),as I
know of some mechanics who have 10 or 11 Triumphs in various state(s)of
disrepair,and on occassion none of them run!
I've also noticed that if you run just one Triumph all the time,no matter how
well it has been 'restored' and,naturally standards(Triumphs?) vary a great
deal,and irrespective of the amount of maintenance you give them,they will
invariably deteriorate eventually and need a further restoration-hence the
cycle never ends!,thus creating a constant demand for parts/services and
encouraging reproduction of vital parts!
You know what they say,"cars are like children and animals,the more attention
you give them,the more they demand",(and money).
Just join a triumph club,and keep on using and abusing your Triumph cars,if
you can't get a part,then do exactly what the owners of all other low-volume
or pre-war/rare classic cars do:either modify a part from a similar car,or as
a last resort have one made!
Regards,Leon F Guyot
'1963' Vitesse Convertible(last nut/bolt rebuild to
concours/modified)=almostcomplete
1967 Herald 1200 Convertible ('restored' but 'soon' in need of
another)=215,000 miles
1967 Herald 13/60 Saloon (battered daily driven-borrowed)=93,000 miles.