BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net: Non-member submission from ["B. Cole

To: triumphs
Subject: BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net: Non-member submission from ["B. Cole Bennett" <bcbennett@digimag.net>]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 10:09:09 -0700 (MST)
     Date: Sat, 01 Feb 1997 20:31:34 -0600
     From: "B. Cole Bennett" <bcbennett@digimag.net>
     Subject: TR 7

Hi all,

Quick question(s):

I have a 1979 TR 7 which has been a very capable car and has 74,000
miles. I have heard two opinions regarding the automatic choke on these
cars:  One school of thought says throw them away and install a manual
choke and the other says it can be remade (or adjusted) to run as good
as new.  I would prefer to not install a manual choke if possible.
Please post your opinions on this subject.

Also, what are the signs that an automatic choke is beginning to
malfunction?

Thanks,

Cole Bennett