Re: kill switch/turn signals

To: DANMAS@aol.com ()
Subject: Re: kill switch/turn signals
From: "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 10:29:58 -0500 "Re: kill switch/turn signals" (Feb 4, 10:19am)
Cc: kentop@ix.netcom.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, clayts@vegasnet.net
> Subject: Re: kill switch/turn signals
> You're right, Doug, opening the switch will work just as well. The only
> reason they are usually tied to ground is to reduce the wire required. If you
> open the circuit, you have to run a wire into the car interior, and another
> one out. By grounding, you can run one wire to the switch, and a very short
> wire to a convenient, nearby screw. Also, many folk are reluctant to cut a
> wire - adding one is more comfortable for them.
>
> Thanks for the comment.
>-- End of excerpt from DANMAS@aol.com ()

Ah, but that's the nice part of opening the circuit, you don't have to
cut any wires. Just put spade connectors on each lead going to the
switch, a male and a female, and slip them into place. I have hidden
my switch so well that my wife couldn't find it when she needed to drive
the car! I used to use it as a shut off for the electric fuel pump
when I still had that in use.

Doug Mitchell
dmitchel@ford.com
dmitchel@ismi.net