Re: Blimey

To: Tom Tweed <ak627@dayton.wright.edu>
Subject: Re: Blimey
From: "Johnny Storm:- International Racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 11:38:30 +0000 ()
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

I thought that popeye's saying 'Blow me down!' was a contracted version
of the saying 'blow me down with a feather!' implying the individual is
so suprised a blow from a feather would knock them down.
It's similar to how 'Bugger me' has been contracted from 'Bugger me with
a fish fork' (eh Rich)

Johnny Storm
'77 Spit 1500