Re: TRF (little LBC content)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TRF (little LBC content)
From: Bschwartz@encad.com (Barry Schwartz)
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 08:22:57 -0800
Soapbox mode on;

I'll have to add my two cent's worth also,  I have been dealing with TRF
since '78 when the Spitfire catalog was just a little blue and red several
page handbook (still have it).  The other parts houses a little less.  I
will always order parts from TRF first, and like the rest of you have been a
little concerned with the unusual number of backorders.  I thought it was
just because I ordered a lot of weird stuff but I see the rest of you have
encountered similar problems.  I have talked to Charles Runyun personally on
several occasions and his devotion to the hobby and steadfast commitment to
originality is the reason I will chose his company first.  When I order
parts from TRF I know what the quality will be.  Not so with ALL the other
houses, in fact I recently ordered differential carrier bearings for the V6
Spit (highly stressed to be sure).  These were backordered so I ordered them
from the other big supplier not in Calif.  The bearings I got were not brand
name, in fact no name, plain box, made in China.  I did not use these!  I
will not use these, I don't think I would use these on my wheelbarrow!
I will only order from the other houses reluctantly if I need it now, and
TRF doesn't have it or they don't carry the part, and can safely say if it
were not for TRF I wouldn't have the cars in the shape/condition they are
today.  In fact if it wasn't for company's like his you wouldn't have the
availability of parts you have today.  You can probably get more parts today
than when these cars were new!  Granted the diversions are a little much but
it shows his commitment not just to the cars, but to the spirit of the
hobby. . .which is more than just a car or you would be driving a Ford,
Chevy, Toyota, etc.

Soapbox mode off- - -

Signed Charles R. Jr. (just kidding <G>)

Barry Schwartz
Bschwartz@encad.com (work)
Bschwart@pacbell.net (home)
(San Diego)
70' Spitfire (minor surgery started) ,  72'-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70'GT6+