TR3 Water pumps, original replacements available

To: Triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 Water pumps, original replacements available
From: "Jack I. Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 1997 13:08:40 -0500
I have been searching for a NOS original water pump for my TR3 for some time
now and was about to buy an old one and have it rebuilt.  A local
restorer/service shop found me a NOS "AE" brand water pump which he claims
is the original replacement for the TR3 pump.  These were not installed at
the factory, but were what you would get if you had the dealer replace your
water pump.

Personally, my car will never be a show winner, so I really don't need an
OEM water pump, but I have heard from several people that the original water
pumps were less likely to develop the wicked pump knocking noise that I
experienced with the aftermarket water pump which was on my car.

Does the "AE brand pump thing" make sense?  Does anyone out there have
experience with these water pumps or is able to verify the AE brand
connection?
Thanks.

Jack Brooks
JIBrooks@Juno.com