TR-3A Steering Column

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR-3A Steering Column
From: jagbob@ix.netcom.com (Robert W. Rankin )
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 22:48:40 -0600 (CST)
Hi Folks,
This may apply to other TR models also, but I have a question about the
stator tube inside the steering column on the TR-3. This is the tube
which runs all the way from the steering box to the steering head, and
keeps the head from turning with the steering wheel. Mine fractured
about 3" down inside the column, and I've never seen this part listed
in any of my catalogues. If anyone has any experience with this sort of
thing, let me know. I just taped the head to the wheel, so they turn
together,but I'm worried that the wires will fray eventually. Not a
happy thought!
                       Bob Rankin
                       Carson City,NV,USA
1949 TR 2000 Rdstr