TR4 inner tie rod ends

Subject: TR4 inner tie rod ends
From: kengano@advant.com (Gano, Ken)
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 22:46:13 -0600
        I may have seriously screwed the pooch on this one.

        The inner tie rod end are threaded a standard 1/2" x 20 tpi, but when I
ran that die further down the rod end, it becomes apparent that the shaft
is smaller (or the threads are built up)  the diameter of the same shaft is
different.

        Someone one time mentioned that those rods were "rolled."  Now that I've
already ran a die down the shaft, I don't see a good way to fix it.  No
prob, right, go to the catalogs and order two new inner tie rods.  Problem
#2, no such beast in Moss catalog, and TRF impossible to use.  Does anyone
know a source for TR4 inner tie rod ends?, or a reliable suggestion to
cover up my error (haste)?

        Thanks in advance.

Ken Gano
kengano@advant.com