TR5/6 Wool v. Nylon Carpet Sets

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR5/6 Wool v. Nylon Carpet Sets
From: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 20:47:32 -0500 (EST)
I have on (back)order from (guess where) a Wool carpet set for my TR250.

I bought it as some references sight wool as still being original in 1968.
 However I have since seen a post that causes me to wonder.

Does anyone have any experience with the wool carpet set -
1) does it shrink too much.
2) (and most importantly to me) does it still impart that very distinct TR
"aroma" - you know someting between "ode d'Castrol" and "ode d'Coventry)

If you have ever smelled a TR5/6 you will never forget it.  It had been
almost 20 years from my traveling in college with my future to be wife in her
TR6, and the "new" TR6 that I bought her a year and a half ago.   HOWEVER the
moment I sat in the car the smell alone brought back the strongest memories.
 You could have blindfolded me and I could have told you in one second where
I was.

I really do NOT want to lose that smell, but now seem to remember someone
mentioning that a new carpet set robbed them of it.  I believe it was
referencing one of the "cheap" sets - but I would rather ask for advice here
than learn from my own mistakes later.

JoeSimcoe

'74 TR6 (my wifes - I get to drive it on a good day)
'68 TR250 (mine - I've yet to drive it. )