RE: trf

To: "'fred thomas'" <vafred@erols.com>, "mtooze@tan.unl.edu" <mtooze@tan.unl.edu>
Subject: RE: trf
From: Dave Herr <dherr@innernet.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 22:11:55 -0500
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
This is a good point. We do need to remember that perhaps "shopping" our
vendors to death in the eternal search for the cheapest prices, may do more
harm than good in the long run. I'm not suggesting that everyone is made of
money and can afford to pay prices that are too high, but calling the vendors
that have good catalogs and asking their people to measure parts, answer tech
questions, remanufacture new components, develop solutions to common problems
(like TR clutches, etc...), means they deserve some of our business. I try to
spread my purchases around between the vendors in an effort to keep everyone
around for the long run. I try to give my business to TRF, but turn to MOSS, VB
and the smaller vendors as necessary and often because I have not purchased
anything from them for a while. Too many people do this to our company in the
computer business. Ask as many questions and get "educated" and then buy from
the local CompUSA.

Dave Herr - Central Pa. Triumph Club
73 Stag
65 TR4A (under Construction, estimated completion Spring 97!)