TR4 Run on problem

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR4 Run on problem
From: "Barry Cooper" <b.w.cooper@acslink.aone.net.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 12:45:16 +1100
Anyone have any advice on most likely cause of running on of TR 4 cylinder
motors ie turn off the ignition and motor keeps running for a short while.
I have the problem with my TR4-A but seem to recall that my TR4 and TR3-A
also exhibited similar symptoms.  Contributing factors are of course the
lessening quality of fuel and that I am running above standard compression
but I wopuld like some advice before lifting the cylinder head.

Ignition timing and carb mixture have been thoroughly checked (not just by
me).

Is this as common as my experience suggests and is there a common cause?

Barry Cooper
Mackay Qld
Australia
68 E FHC