Re: Repairing Stained Soft Top Windows?

To: Michael Dowling <mdowling@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Repairing Stained Soft Top Windows?
From: Tom Di Iulio <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 1997 20:54:10 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Michael Dowling wrote:

> My Spitfire softtop quarter windows are stained a rust color (poorly
> stored by previous owner).  Are there any sources I can trun to on the
> net to find techinques to clean or replace the windows without
> replacingthe whole vinyl top? (the vinyl is perfect other that the
> quarter windows)
>
> mail mdowling@mindspring.com with any info.
>
> thanks
>
> Mike Dowling
> Clifton Park, NY, USA
> '74 Spiftfire 1500 (FM10106U)

i don't know if this will help or not but when i owned a fiat, i also
had a good top with stained windows. a local top shop replaced the clear
vinyl and i was back in business for about $60 bucks. the window was
originally sewn into the canvas and therefore they were able to replace
without problem. i'm not sure if it can be done if it's molded into the
top. good luck....

tom 76 tr6