RE: RE: Ca. License Plates

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: RE: Ca. License Plates
From: c394829@is6.mdc.com (Kurt Oblinger)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 97 12:43:41 PST
Cc: ingate@shiseis.com
Shane,
All of my reference for this is at home so I was quoting
off the top of my head. However, when I went to the Auto Club
to transfer title for my 62 Vitesse I told the AAA I wanted
to retain the black plates. This car is a '62 but is registered
as a '64 (they didn't sell very fast). The AAA issued a new
plate number against the car and told me I could reregister
the car against the old plates when the car was up and running
and I took it off non-op status (not there yet). Since this
car is a '64 to the state I assumed the YOM rule applied at
least to '64 and possibly later. Of course, the Ca. vehicle
code is so byzantine, I may have been told this out of pure
ignorance!

Cheers,
Kurt Oblinger
Redondo Beach, Ca.
c394829@is6.mdc.com

So. Cal. Home for Wayward British Sports Cars