Re: TR4 help please + TRs in Australia

To: dherr@innernet.net, paul.heuer@dsto.defence.gov.au, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR4 help please + TRs in Australia
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 10:19:53 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-02-13 23:09:53 EST, dherr@innernet.net (Dave Herr)
writes:

> In the states, it was a factory (or dealer) option on the later TR4s from
> around 1963? on to have the wooden dash as an option. As you know, this
> became a standard item on the TR4A. Go for it if you like the looks. I sure

> like how mine looks. Good luck with the car.

The wood dash WAS standard factory equipment on the TR4's built from sometime
in the spring of '64.  When I picked up my car at the factory in Jun of '64
it had a wooden dash, much to my surprise.  When I asked the customer tech
who brought the car out to me, his reply was that it was standard at no extra
cost.  My car was built in April of '64.
   BTW the wood dash replaced the white metal dash -i.e. it was not just put
on over it.  Piggott (Original Triumph TR ) says that it is not known exactly
when the factory made the wood dash standard.  Cheers.

Art Kelly '64TR4 CT33118L (original owner)
VTR TR4 Vehicle Consultant