Spitfire Help

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire Help
From: dano <dano@n-jcenter.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 97 00:44:27 -0500
Greetings,

     While investigating the source of a pesky oil leak in my recently
purchased 77 Spitfire, I decided to drop the oil pan to look around and
replace the gasket.  Well I found the source of the leak.  Seems as though a
DPO drilled out or over-tapped 1 of the oil pan bolt holes.  Maybe not a big
deal in most of the holes but this hole was 1 of the 2 in the rear oil seal
housing.  You probably guessed it, the hole on the housing that is built up
or balloned out into the engine, has now broken through the housing and is
now acting as second ill-fitting oil drain plug.  Any thoughts on fixing
this short of replacing the entire housing?

              Thanks in advance,

                        Dano
77 Spitfire
71 Bond Equipe