Re: Maintence (some humour)

To: "J. Stovall" <jstovall@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Maintence (some humour)
From: Spitfire 1500 <spitfire1500@dalton.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 22:03:28 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
J. Stovall wrote:

> Hey everyone,
>         I need to get into the habit of good maintence on our car. As in
> daily, weekly, and monthly, etc. Can anyone give a schedule of sorts of
> what they do on thier cars? The recommended things to do? Also, does it
> take 2 and half or 4 and a half pints of oil to fill up the engine? Thanks!
>
> Jeff Stovall

Jeff,  try four and a half QUARTS with filter chang, four without filter
change.

Good maintenance schedule:
  Daily - Gasoline (if a daily driver)  add if low
          Tarp - (if it is being restored)  replace if torn  ;-)
          Something that needs repairing, but do not have the time or
money to repair it today

  Weekly - Tyre pressure
           engine oil level
           battery electrolyte level
           windscreen washer fluid level
           coolant level
           brake and clutch fluid level
           lights, wipers, and horn operation
           anything else I might suspect needs to be repaired so I can
move status to daily check - see above

  Monthly - check belts (for tension and condition)
            check balljoints and suspension bushings
            tyres for wear and damage
            check air filter
            anything that hasn't been replaced/repaired since last month
so I can move status to weekly check - see above

There is alot more to check,  I would suggest purchase of a Haynes or
Bentley manual for other maintenance times, but this is what I follow.
I change my oil and filter every 4000 miles or twice a year, whichever
comes first.

Hope this helps some!

Ron N.
Dalton, Ga
http://named.dalton.net/~spitfire1500
77 Spitfire 1500 - undergoing cajones transplant
6? Vitesse convertible
92 Ford Tempo GLS V6 (Ultimate Q-ship!)