TR6 Window Channel

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Window Channel
From: Kdoc111@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 13:31:21 -0500 (EST)
During a TRF parts sale, I bought a set of TR6 replacement window channels
for the side windows of my car.  (They rattle.) My questions are about
installation.  Has anybody on the list replaced these parts, and if so, how
difficult is the job?

Does the window glass have to come out?  Can I leave the weatherstrip in
place (Did that a few years ago, don't want to re-do.)?  Can I leave the lift
mechanisms in place?

Regarding the GL5 I dutifully put in my trunions last winter, a friend says
to pump in a good quality synthetic grease instead of taking the things apart
again.  Did we ever resolve the GL5/Trunion/brass issue?  Is this sound
advice?

Any answers to this post are sincerely appreciated.

Kevin D. O'Connor