Horror Stories

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Horror Stories
From: "Dennis Culligan" <dculligan@VNET.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 97 16:04:50 EST
  I also had a bit of a problem getting to Rockford back in '95 (see the NJTA
Coventry Chronicles for all the gory details).  Bottom line - bring not only
the tools and parts that you think you'll need, but also the ones you don't
think you'll need.  I left a brand new AC fuel pump home, and doncha know that
that's the part my wife ended up FEDEXing overnight to Rockford.
  As for Triumph people, all I had to do was tell one of the folks in the ISOA
that I had a problem, and I was immediately given everything I needed to try to
repair the car, including a pickup truck (to run for parts) and a set of ramps
(my thanks again to Jeff Rust for both).  And I think it was John Lye who came
up with a long skinny magnet so we could fish a part out of my oil pan without
having to drop the pan.  And I wouldn't have even gotten to Rockford without
the mechanical expertise of Jim Holewka and Alex Zarak.  Thanks one and all!
                                                       Dennis