Re: Tearing down the TR6

To: CMaster808@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tearing down the TR6
From: Mike Mason <mmason@lindenwood.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 10:38:05 -0600 (CST)
Cc: kerch@parc.xerox.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I just finished redoing my dash.  Check the yellow pages for a hardwood
specialty store.  I got the veneer and the glue for under twenty bucks.
I used a dark walnut, which is not stock but it looks beautiful!  It took
me several hours to carefully carve out the holes with a razor knife, but
it looks better than the original.

The stuff comes in sheets with a paper backing that you glue right to the
surface.  Make sure that you fill the holes and sand everything smooth,
so you get good adhesion.  By the way, I had to put a seam down the
middle because the veneer wasn't wide enough to cover the whole dash.
But it still looks good.

Hope this helps,

Michael, St. Louis
        With a life sized, do-it-yourself kit of a TR 6