Re: TR3B engine #-OOPS!

To: thefryes@iconn.net
Subject: Re: TR3B engine #-OOPS!
From: "Keith A. Edwards" <kedwards@norfolk.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 12:57:29 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, TRIPHSTEVE@aol.com, cloughbt@batman.flight.wpafb.af.mil
Henry Frye wrote:

> Keith A. Edwards wrote:
> >

> Background of thread snipped
>
> > I will have to disagree with the idea that engine numbers should be > or =
> > the commission number.
> >
> > For TSF198L, the numbers are as follows:
> >
> > engine          TSF50E
> > body            TSF/220
> > transmission    TSF251 (fully synchronized BTW, as are all the TSFs I have
> > heard of)
> >
> > I have owned TSF198L since 1978, bought from the second owner.  I truly
> > doubt there was any engine swap, considering the rarity of the TSF TR3Bs.
> >
> > I think we may be giving the Forward Radiator Company too much credit (for
> > knowing what they were doing).
> >

> All Right Keith!  The man has the answer I wanted to hear! He must
> really be an all around good guy.

I try real hard, but it is good to hear a "thanks".

> And Bruce's hypothesis on engines getting mixed up at the Forward
> Radiator Company makes all the sense in the world.

Several things Bruce has hypothesized (sp?) have made sense, regardless of what
some folks say!

> Maybe my car does have an original engine!?!  BMIHT way come thru after
> all.
>
> Thanks for the encouragement guys.  When I get my certificate I will
> post the result.  Should be a week or so.
>
> Henry Frye
> thefryes@iconn.net
> TR3B
> TR250's

Last I knew, neither BMIHT nor anybody else (such as Joel Rosen) had build
records for the TR3Bs.
Admittedly it has been about 15 years since I sent in my requests for their
cerficates.  Back
then, they cost $5 each, so I sent a check for $25, for my Healey, my Princess,
my '56 TR3 (now
gone) and my 2 TR3Bs.  I received two 5 dollar bills with my 3 certificates.
With my refund was
a short explanation of "no info on TR3Bs".

I would be _very_ interested if TR3B build information has been "un-earthed".

Keith Edwards
Suffolk, VA
kedwards@norfolk.infi.net
2 '62 TR3Bs