RE: GT6 Tire?

To: Bschwartz@encad.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: GT6 Tire?
From: "Richard Ceraldi-ERC004" <Richard_Ceraldi-ERC004@email.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 17:55:45 -0600
X400-mts-identifier: [ /P=MOT/A=MOT/C=US/ ; m\il02n\970218175545b ]

Bary Wrote:
>>While it's not on a GT6 it is on my '72 Spitfire with that rotoflex
>>suspension grafted to it,  I currently run 205/60 R13 Goodrich Euro
>>T/A's and love them.  The only problem you will encounter is with the
>>shocks and shock mounting.  The tires will rub these unless you use  >>at
least a 1/4 inch (6.35 mm) spacer.  The front clearance is fine.

Barry,
     Where is the interference on the shocks? I have seen several
arrangements on the shock locations. Mine area almost vertical and attach
from the lower arm to a point inside the wheel well near the cone shaped
rubber stop.. I have seen others where the shocks go from the lower arm to
somewhere towards the centerline of the car at an  angle so you can't see
the top mounting point very easily.
    On the wheels I plan on using (6" minilites) if the lead weights are
within .5 inches of the rim the lower part of the shock will knock them off.
 Thankfully NTW was kind enough to rebalance them for me after that
oversight.
   With the spacer you don't have any trouble with the lip of the fender
clearing the tires? I do have that occuring on the front with 185x60's
mounted when hitting dips at speed. But then I have 330 lb springs on the
front that have reduced the front end about 1 inch. Dod you modify the front
slightly (bent the lip up) to keep from cuttin up the 205's on bumps.
  Thanks for the information. I am planning on ordering some tires next week
(185 fronts and 205 rears) and am hoping I will not end up with a couple of
205 wall garage wall decorations by mistake.
Richard