TR3 timing and point gap

Subject: TR3 timing and point gap
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 20:41:23 -0500 (EST)
 Hi all,

        I've managed to get thoroughly frustrated with the TR3 workshop
manual.  Could somebody explain how to set the timing and the dist. point
gap on a TR3?  I don't quite understand what the manual is talking about
when it talks about using the "vernier scale" to do these things.  Is that
the little knob on the side?  Do I not time this think by turning the whole
distributor like I'm used to on my other cars?  Do I set the point gap while
the front piston is at TDC?  That's sort of what the manual says I think...

        Thanks in advance to anybody who knows what the heck the manual
means.  Is the Haynes manual any more clear?

----
Jeremy DuBois                              jer@thlogic.com
Manager, Info Systems                      http://www.thlogic.com/~jer/
Thermalogic Corporation                    '60 TR3A, '74 MGB, '76 Spit