Re: TR3 on an auto transporter???

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, "Carl Musson (EVENTS)" <musson@arts.usf.edu>
Subject: Re: TR3 on an auto transporter???
From: "George P. Richardson" <gprtech@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 21:15:56 -0500
Carl Musson (EVENTS) wrote:

> If you mean trailer. I prefer the one you get through Ryder that have a
> solid bed.  No way something can fall off and to the road.  If you mean
> the one where just the front wheels are "dollied"
> - I dunno...
>
> later...
> /------------------------------------------------------------------------\
> | CARL F. MUSSON, Coordinator               INTERNET:musson@arts.usf.edu |
> | Tampa, FL           Opinions expressed are mine and not of my employer.|
> \    '58 TR3A (TS25264L)  -  http://www.arts.usf.edu/~musson/triumph/    /

I used one of the front wheel "dolly" types to move my TR3 from New
Jersey to New York when I moved. The frame of the TR was totally gone
from just in front of the rear wheels back (I didn't know it then), but
the setup worked fine. Two caveates: I lost the spare tire cover (it had
been made from two separate ones riveted together, so no loss) and the
trip was only a bit more than an hour.

George Richardson
'57 TR3, TS15559L