TR3 Crank support - Help

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 Crank support - Help
From: kinderlehrer@mindspring.com (Kinderlehrer's)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 21:28:14 -0500
Jack,

If its the part I think you mean and it's anything like mine, it is shaped
like a miniature quonset hut, rounded over the top and flat on the bottum.
It bolts to the sheet metal behind the grille with what appears to be a
single stud in the bottum of the peice,  It is about 1 and a half inches
high and 1 and a half inches deep, that is through the hole that the crank
goes through.  The pan that it mounts on actuall has a depressed area that
it fits in and supports it.  This area appears to be reinforced somewhat.

Hope this helps.  Putting a hand crank on this car was probably one of the
most insightful things the designers did.

Bob