Re: Choke linkage

To: richard stieg <rstieg@ci.bartlett.tn.us>
Subject: Re: Choke linkage
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 15:12:15 +0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, richard stieg wrote:

> If one were to unhook the choke lead from the Carburettor in order to remove
> the manual choke device from one's dash in order to throw away said dash in
> favor of a new solid Walnut VB accroutrement, how does one then RETHREAD the
> choke wire into the cable end? Purely a retorical question, current owner not
> one to admit typical DPO stupidity.    rick stieg 75 Spit

You might luck out and just be able to stuff that thing right back in.
Like THAT would ever happen! Indeed, you may find that it is necessary to
undo anything that holds the outer cable to anything else, pull it free
and hold it as straight or nearly straight as possible, then (perhaps with
some sort of grease or other lubricant) rethread the inner cable and knob
assembly, THEN route everything back to where it goes and reconnect it.

Not that I've ever had to do such a thing on MY 1975 Spitfire. (Truth: it
was a friend's 1972 Spitfire that he and I upgraded to a nice wood dash
from a 1973!)

--Andy