What size Tires?

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: What size Tires?
From: <smith007@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 97 19:03:47 -0000
The on going post! What size Tire/Tyre?? I read the posts , absorbed all
the info, wanted to buy the red stripe tires offered by Classic something
in Hemmings, but decided against it, to try and save a few bucks. Bought
the 205-65-15, B.F. Goodridge (SP) Touring TA's.Looked at Sam's club,
they had every size but the 205-65's or 205-70-15's. I ended up going to
a tire shop and getting 5, 205-65-15's. Tire tread looks really good but
did not get to drive them much, due to the car accident I had, probably
less than 20 miles on them! I have new suspension, springs.etc, so my TR
may be sitting a little high, BUT in my openion, the 205-65's, don't even
come close to filling out the fender wells, especially if you compare a
car with the red stripe Michlens(SP). If I had it all to do over again, a
would have gotten the tubless, red stripe Dunlop (I Believe) from the
Company in Hemmings. They use 205-70-15's. Just my .02 cents.Hope this
Helps? Anybody in the Tampa area want to make me an offer for 5 almost
brand new tires let me know?

Phil Smith
Tampa, FL.
69 TR6