Horn and LIghts !

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Horn and LIghts !
From: Tim Clayton <clayts@vegasnet.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 12:49:27 -0800
Hello Group,

I had a great week in the garage - found 2 separate problems with my turn
signals.  Switch had lost connection to left side terminal, so I tried
soldering first (which PO had tried as well it was obvious).  That wasn't  a
robust fix so I drilled out the old connection entirely - fed the wire
through and re-soldered from scratch inside the switch - avoided a $60
switch replacement that last year I would have just ordered immediately...
Now I've found I don't have continuity to right front from switch - so my
interim fix this afternoon will be to run 16-ga black wire out to light (not
just ready to unravel all the PO's wiring inventions!)

By the way, I also found my horn problem - wire break inside column just
behind slip-ring - so I busted my horn push for nothing and must order a new
one...  And early TR4 wiring is REALLY TR3 wiring I found in troubleshooting
the horn - that;s good in my opinion because TR3 diagram is more
straightforward and also better thought out in my humble opinion!

Tim